• Acquire all information needed, reviewing and verifying the accuracy.
• Schematic capture and net list generation (if not done yet).
• Create part library for the project.
• PCB component placement.
• Submit intermediate placement to engineer for reviewing. This is usually a discussion-
modification process until get approval on final placement.
• PCB routing. PCB designer and engineer must maintain adequate and frequent
communication during the routing process.
• Complete PCB layout, finalize all documents.